2023 Chamberlain Scholarship Application - Coming Soon!
Chapters will select their Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria, which are established by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless as a member of the Conference Host Committee) and is enthusiastic to attend the full conference as scheduled.
- Candidate agrees to complete a post-conference online evaluation regarding his or her experience for the Scholarship Committee.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
In addition to this criteria, AFP Ottawa criteria include:
- Candidate has never received a bursary/scholarship of any kind to attend AFP International Conference on Fundraising in the past from AFP (including chapters/national or international)
- Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with their chapter after the conference has concluded. Candidate agrees to write about their conference experience as the Bursary recipient which will be shared in the AFP Ottawa chapter communication networks (enews, website, social media etc).
What is the Chamberlain Scholarship?
The Chamberlain Scholarship Program honours Ralph Chamberlain, CFRE, a long-time fundraiser and supporter of AFP. Mr. Chamberlain helped to form one of the organization’s first chapters, the Greater New York Chapter and served as both chair of the association and the foundation.
Because of his long-time support of the Foundation for Philanthropy, the AFP Board of Directors renamed the Conference Scholar Program in 2000 to honor Mr. Chamberlain’s memory and commitment to the fundraising profession.
"It was so exciting to see and meet so many fundraising professionals around the world...
The knowledge transfer that took place over the three days was simply inspirational to say the least."
Read more about last year's Chamberlain Scholarship recipient's experience Walter Noble.
AFP Ottawa Chapter Bursary to Congress
2023 Toronto Congress Bursary Applications - Coming Soon!
Tricia Johnson, one of the AFP Chapter Bursary recipients shares her experience.
In her own words:
"For me, the lasting impact of Congress went beyond learning how to improve and track fundraising performance. It gave me the opportunity to learn from, and learn with, over 1,000 fundraising professionals, many of whom are black and excelling in the profession. I haven’t had an experience like that before. It was thrilling and empowering; they were leading their charities in progressive and inclusive new directions, and teaching others to do the same."