AFP Ottawa Chapter 2023 ICON Chamberlain Scholarship Program
Chamberlain Scholarship covers the cost of registration for the AFP International Conference on Fundraising. In addition, the recipient will be awarded an extra $1,500 from the AFP Ottawa Chapter.
Deadline for applications: November 28, 2022
To Apply please provide the following information:
- As the applicant your name and full contact information including your phone number and email
- Job Title, Organization, Business address &
- Confirm that you have never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless as a member of the Conference Host Committee)
- Confirm that you have never received a bursary/scholarship of any kind to attend AFP International Conference on Fundraising in the past from AFP (including chapters/national or international)
- Support of your current Supervisor of attendance at the conference by including a letter/statement of endorsement from your Please also provide the Supervisors Name, Title, Phone number and Email.
- Past experience: Please attach your CV and any other relevant employment or volunteer
- Please answer the following questions:
- How will obtaining the Chamberlain Scholarship make a difference in the work you do?
- How will this help develop your relationship with AFP?
- Other reasons you feel make you the right choice for this
Chapters will select their Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria, which are established by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless as a member of the Conference Host Committee) and is enthusiastic to attend the full conference as scheduled.
- Candidate agrees to complete a post-conference online evaluation regarding his or her experience for the Scholarship Committee.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
In addition to this criteria, AFP Ottawa criteria include:
- Candidate has never received a bursary/scholarship of any kind to attend AFP International Conference on Fundraising in the past from AFP (including chapters/national or international)
- Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with their chapter after the conference has concluded. Candidate agrees to write about their conference experience as the Bursary recipient which will be shared in the AFP Ottawa chapter communication networks (enews, website, social media etc).
What is the Chamberlain Scholarship?
The Chamberlain Scholarship Program honours Ralph Chamberlain, CFRE, a long-time fundraiser and supporter of AFP. Mr. Chamberlain helped to form one of the organization’s first chapters, the Greater New York Chapter and served as both chair of the association and the foundation.
Because of his long-time support of the Foundation for Philanthropy, the AFP Board of Directors renamed the Conference Scholar Program in 2000 to honor Mr. Chamberlain’s memory and commitment to the fundraising profession.
"It was so exciting to see and meet so many fundraising professionals around the world...
The knowledge transfer that took place over the three days was simply inspirational to say the least."
Read more about last year's Chamberlain Scholarship recipient's experience Walter Noble.
AFP Ottawa Chapter Bursary to Congress
The 2022 AFP Toronto Chapter In-Person & Virtual Conference
AFP Toronto Congress is ready to Work Your Purpose.
And hybrid is the way of the future – for now.
As Canada’s largest professional development conference for fundraisers, AFP Greater Toronto Chapter’s Congress is leading the way presenting the conference both in person and online. Many of us endeavor to work purposefully in areas that spark empathy and concern to advance our sector, our organizations, and our personal passions. This year’s Congress will help you Work Your Purpose through amazing educational content on fundamentals, deep dives, and important topics.
Together we need to learn and unlearn, connect, engage, have some fun with our colleagues and friends, and strive to make Congress 2022 a place to ignite or reignite our passion and purpose for the work.
BUT AFP Ottawa is offering Bursaries to attend!
So it’s YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES all the way!
YES It’s learning your way – in-person or virtual
YES It’s educational
YES It’s something we’ll pay you back for
YES It’s an easy application to fill out
YES you should do this
YES you have to fill out the application by Monday October 17th!
Fill your application out today via this link
Tricia Johnson, one of the AFP Chapter Bursary recipients shares her experience.
In her own words:
"For me, the lasting impact of Congress went beyond learning how to improve and track fundraising performance. It gave me the opportunity to learn from, and learn with, over 1,000 fundraising professionals, many of whom are black and excelling in the profession. I haven’t had an experience like that before. It was thrilling and empowering; they were leading their charities in progressive and inclusive new directions, and teaching others to do the same."