AFP Ottawa’s Speed Mentoring Event
AFP Ottawa's Speed Mentoring night is a fun, casual way to gain and share professional advice and to network with fundraisers and non-profit leaders in the National Capital Region.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
5:00 - 7:30 pm
The Clocktower Pub Westboro, 418 Richmond Rd.
What is Speed Mentoring?
Speed mentoring is a lot like speed dating—it’s a series of short, focused conversations between mentors and protégés. It’s a great way to test out mentoring on both sides, and it offers protégés a chance to speak with a number of people with different experiences in a short period of time.
You’re an ideal “speed protégé” if:
- You have zero to four years of fundraising experience
- You want to learn more about specific areas of fundraising and career options in the non-profit sector
You’re an ideal “speed mentor” if:
- You have 5+ years of fundraising experience
- You want to share your expertise with new members of our industry
There’s no commitment required (but if you meet a great match, you’re welcome to continue it), it’s a free event, and food will be provided. You do not need to be an AFP member to participate, but you must register in advance.
Registration closes Sunday January 19th at midnight.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact AFP Ottawa board members Holly Paulin at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rhonda Cameron at email@example.com.
Please join us for this fun mentoring event!
the following Memorandum outlines the commitment required from both Mentors and Protégés
as part of our Mentorship program.Here are the expectations of the mentoring relationship:
- Commit to the match for a minimum of six months and up to one year
- Try and meet at least once per month – either in person or via telephone
- Be respectful of each other’s time
- Identify together areas of focus to work on to achieve personal growth in the fundraising profession
- Help the AFP Mentorship Committee support the program by completing an evaluation form at the end of the match term.