Future Leaders Program
Are you an aspiring young person seeking to break into the nonprofit, philanthropic sector?
Or are you a seasoned professional in this industry, looking to give back and impart some of your knowledge to a promising protégé?
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Ottawa Chapter, and Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) are thrilled to partner in AFP’s Future Leaders Program.
As part of the RBC Future Launch initiative, a nationwide $500 million commitment over the next 10 years, AFP Ottawa Chapter has received a grant to help youth gain work experience, grow their network and obtain new skills. By empowering Canadian youth for jobs of tomorrow, AFP Ottawa Chapter is taking a leading role in exposing promising young people to the evolving and growing nonprofit and philanthropic sector.
Whether you are a protégé or a mentor, all successful applicants will not only receive compelling benefits, but a valuable opportunity for professional growth.
See AFP Ottawa’s Future Leaders Mentorship Program for more information.
the following Memorandum outlines the commitment required from both Mentors and Protégés
as part of our Mentorship program.Here are the expectations of the mentoring relationship:
- Commit to the match for a minimum of six months and up to one year
- Try and meet at least once per month – either in person or via telephone
- Be respectful of each other’s time
- Identify together areas of focus to work on to achieve personal growth in the fundraising profession
- Help the AFP Mentorship Committee support the program by completing an evaluation form at the end of the match term.
What is Speed Mentoring?
Speed mentoring is a lot like speed dating—it’s a series of short, focused conversations between mentors and protégés. It’s a great way to test out mentoring on both sides, and it offers protégés a chance to speak with a number of people with different experiences in a short period of time.
You’re an ideal “speed protégé” if:
- You have zero to four years of fundraising experience
- You want to learn more about specific areas of fundraising and career options in the non-profit sector
You’re an ideal “speed mentor” if:
- You have 5+ years of fundraising experience
- You want to share your expertise with new members of our industry
There’s no commitment required (but if you meet a great match, you’re welcome to continue it), it’s a free event, and food will be provided. You do not need to be an AFP member to participate, but you must register in advance.