I.D.E.A AFP Free Membership
AFP Ottawa Chapter always works to increase inclusion, diversity, equity and access in its membership roster. If you identify as an ally or represent one or more IDEA constituencies, we would like to invite you to apply for an opportunity to join our chapter as a new member at no cost.
As part of the IDEA Champion designation, the AFP Ottawa Chapter will cover the full cost for a year’s membership, including chapter dues. AFP Ottawa is committed to promoting an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible organization where every member, volunteer, staff and board member can realize their potential and have their contributions valued.
Who can apply?
Through this opportunity, AFP Ottawa seeks to identify and engage voices that are not currently engaged in the broader nonprofit fundraising community. Individuals from underrepresented communities, including fundraisers of color, LGBTQ and/or gender nonconforming fundraisers, Indigenous, other underrepresented communities, and emerging fundraisers who work at smaller, under-resourced nonprofits are encouraged to apply. You do not need to be a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals organization to be eligible for this opportunity.
In exchange for this free membership, the new member will commit to a year of participation with the AFP Ottawa IDEA Committee.
Please submit your fellowship application form by October 28th, 2022
AFP Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access (I.D.E.A.) Statement of Principles
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse organization that reflects, is responsive to, and embraces the diversity of the communities we serve throughout the world; respecting and valuing all people.
AFP is committed to promoting an inclusive, equitable and accessible organization where every member, volunteer, staff and board member can realize their potential and have their contributions valued.
AFP recognizes that Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA) are central to its mission. The following are AFP’s Statement of IDEA Principles;
- Recognizing others as different but equal.
- Respect and empathy for all.
- Trust and integrity that facilitates the integration of different and multiple voices in organizational discourse.
- Demonstrated appreciation for different voices, active listening; open to disparate viewpoints and opinions, and facilitating dialogues among the diverse groups.
- Practicing and encouraging transparent communication in all interactions.
- Developing participative decision making; problem solving; and, team capabilities.
- Exploring potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.