AFP Ottawa’s Future Leaders Mentorship Program In Partnership with RBC
AFP Ottawa is committed to providing opportunities for young people to learn more about our dynamic philanthropic sector. With the support of RBC, we’ve created the AFP Ottawa Future Leaders mentorship program, the first of its kind in Canada.
As part of this program, promising young people aged 19-35 from the national capital region are paired with experienced fundraising professionals, and together they attend AFP Ottawa’s Fundraising Day for networking, skills, and professional development.
Benefits for protégés:
- Receive a complimentary, one-year membership to AFP Ottawa, offering you extensive benefits. Learn more here
- You’ll be matched with an experienced fundraiser or professional in the nonprofit sector whose interests align with your own (where possible). They will help you network and answer questions throughout Fundraising Day, and beyond
- Complimentary registration for AFP Ottawa’s 2022 Fundraising Day
- You’ll also receive complimentary registration for ALL of AFP Ottawa’s professional development events for 2022, including specific educational sessions geared towards networking, personal branding and skills development
Benefits for mentors:
- Receive complimentary registration for AFP Ottawa’s 2022 Fundraising Day
- Opportunity to lead AFP’s new monthly “Ask me Anything” series, a virtual, members-only coffee chat
- Complimentary registration for ALL of AFP Ottawa’s professional development events for the rest of 2022
- Develop your leadership skills, and the knowledge that you’re helping develop the next generation of leaders in our industry
This year, we are embracing a safe and gradual re-opening and encouraging participants to consider joining us at some in-person events throughout the year.
- NEW this year, we will be offering an in-person networking session where you can meet your match in-person, along with the AFP Ottawa Board of Directors and other program participants. This event will include the opportunity to have free professional headshots to use for personal branding online. We will also be hosting social events throughout the year where you can mix and mingle with AFP members at locations across the city, and more!
Please use the links below to submit your application today. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Ashley Vekeman, Mentorship Chair, AFP Ottawa Board of Directors, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * Applications Are Now Closed * *
Thank you to all that applied and we wish our Mentors & Protégés a great year!