AFP Ottawa’s Future Leaders
In partnership with RBC
Thank you for your interest in participating as a protégé in AFP Ottawa’s Future Leaders mentorship program, in partnership with RBC.
This program pairs experienced fundraisers with young people who have an interest in the fundraising industry and non-profit sector. AFP Ottawa’s Future Leaders program centres around Fundraising Day, our chapter’s flagship professional development event, to be held on May 25, 2023.
Beyond Fundraising Day, Mentors and protégés are encouraged to meet on a self-directed basis throughout the year, take advantage of incredible membership benefits, and take part in exclusive events throughout the year.
To be selected as a protégé, you must:
- Have less than 3 years’ professional experience as a fundraiser, or a strong interest in working in fundraising and the non-profit sector,
- Be between the ages of 19 and 35,
- Be available to meet at least once virtually or in person with your mentor before or after AFP Ottawa’s Fundraising Day, AND
- Be available to attend AFP Ottawa’s Fundraising Day on May 25, 2023.
Benefits of becoming a protégé:
- Receive a complimentary, one-year membership to AFP Ottawa, offering you extensive benefits. Learn more here
- You’ll be matched with an experienced fundraiser or professional in the nonprofit sector whose interests align with your own (where possible). They will help you network and answer questions throughout Fundraising Day, and beyond
- Complimentary registration for AFP Ottawa’s 2023 Fundraising Day
- You’ll also receive complimentary registration for ALL of AFP Ottawa’s professional development events for 2023, including specific educational sessions geared towards networking, personal branding and skills development
- NEW: An in-person networking session that includes complimentary headshots to use for personal branding online
- NEW: Invitations to attend social events throughout the year where you can mix and mingle with AFP members at locations across the city, and more!
Applications are welcome from students and people in associated industries. Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday, May 12th, 2023. If you have any questions about the program or about your application, please contact Chelsea McIntyre, AFP Ottawa Board of Directors, at email@example.com.