AFP Ottawa’s Future Leaders
In partnership with RBC
Thank you for your interest in participating as a mentor in AFP Ottawa’s Future Leaders mentorship program, in partnership with RBC.
This program pairs experienced fundraisers with young people who have an interest in the fundraising industry and non-profit sector. AFP Ottawa’s Future Leaders program centres around Fundraising Day, our chapter’s flagship professional development event, to be held on May 25, 2023.
Beyond Fundraising Day, Mentors and protégés are encouraged to meet on a self-directed basis throughout the year, take advantage of incredible membership benefits, and take part in exclusive events throughout the year.
To be selected as a mentor, you must:
- Be a fundraising professional, work in the non-profit sector, or have fundraising as a major component of your role,
- Be a member of AFP Ottawa (you may join AFP Ottawa at the same time as you apply), or of CAGP Ottawa,
- Be available to meet at least once virtually or in person with your protégé before or after AFP Ottawa’s Fundraising Day, AND
- Be available to attend AFP Ottawa’s Fundraising Day on May 25, 2023 with your protégé.
Benefits of becoming a mentor:
- Receive 50% off registration for AFP Ottawa’s 2023 Fundraising Day
- Complimentary registration for ALL of AFP Ottawa’s professional development events for the rest of 2023
- Develop your leadership skills, and the knowledge that you’re helping develop the next generation of leaders in our industry
For all applicants, we will be offering an in-person networking session where you can meet your match in-person, along with the AFP Ottawa Board of Directors and other program participants. This event will include the opportunity to have free professional headshots to use for personal branding online. We will also be hosting social events throughout the year where you can mix and mingle with AFP members at locations across the city, and more! Food and refreshment included!
Applications are welcome from students and people in associated industries. Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday, May 12th, 2023. If you have any questions about the program or about your application, please contact Chelsea McIntyre, AFP Ottawa Board of Directors, at firstname.lastname@example.org.