Advancing Diversity by Establishing a Diverse Profession
A Joint Strategic Initiative of AFP and the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
2020 Scholarship Process
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy is pleased to once again offer the Diverse Communities Scholarship program for members of diverse communities to attend AFP ICON in Baltimore, Md., March 29 – 31, 2019.
The application process will be open from September 19 – October 31, 2019. AFP is pleased to offer full conference registration fee plus some travel expenses for diverse communities scholarship recipients. THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to the diversity scholarship campaign for your generosity and for helping to ensure the success of this program. Deadline for application submission is October 31, 2019. Selected candidates will be notified by email by December 1, 2019.
- Fundraising professional who self identifies as coming from an eligible diverse community as defined by AFP (African-American/Black, Asian, People with Disabilities, Faith-based, LGBTQ, Hispanic, Jewish, Rural, or another underrepresented community.)
- Fundraising professional or fundraising executive director employed at an organization where 50% or more staff members are from a diverse community.
- Work for a nonprofit organization that serves a 50% or more eligible AFP diverse community client base.
- Employed as a full-time fundraising professional or spend at least fifty percent of time fundraising for employer.
- Never attended an NSFRE/AFP International Conference on Fundraising (ICON).
- Understand that this may be a partial scholarship (conference fees and some travel support only) and that scholar may be required to find additional funds needed to attend this conference (such as travel expenses).
- Understand that their name as the AFP Diverse Communities Conference Scholar may be listed/promoted in AFP communications.
- Understand that if selected as a 2020 Diverse Communities Scholarship winner, that scholar will attend all required sessions at the International Fundraising Conference and complete an evaluation.
Should you have questions about the AFP Diverse Communities Scholarship, please contact AFP at (703) 519-8486, or by email at chapter.engagement@afpglobal.
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy invites all AFP members to support diversity within the fundraising profession through the Diversity Scholarship Campaign. Contributions to this campaign will fund scholarships to support registration and travel costs to attend the annual AFP International Conference on Fundraising.