Earlier this summer, AFP Ottawa announced that it was embarking on a process to undergo an Equity Audit and contracted INclusion INcorporated to work with us as we undertake this important work.
We believe that by advancing our commitments of I.D.E.A, we can have a meaningful impact on our colleagues, members and the communities we serve. Measurement and transparency are important components of the work we are doing with INclusion INcorporated.
About INclusion INcorporated
INclusion INcorporated is a JEDI (justice, equity, diversity and inclusion) consulting firm which supports leaders and their organizations on their inclusion journeys towards cultures of belonging. Focused on customized solutions that will allow organizations to implement sustainable inclusion strategies, through training, action plans and tools. (www.inclusionincorporated.com)
INclusion INcorporated is led by Andrea Carey (she/her). Andrea is a Canadian Certified Inclusion Professional (CCIP), and brings a team of highly skilled Diversity, Equity and Inclusion professionals together to support clients on their journeys to create cultures of belonging. We also work with a partner who specializes in data and analytics, BINGO Impact Management, who will be deploying and analyzing the INclusion INdex survey tool.
What is AFP Ottawa Doing?
Over the next eight months AFP Ottawa will be undertaking a number of steps to develop an equity audit that will move the work forward across the association.
These steps include:
- Assessment of Current State
- the deployment of the INclusion INdex to learn about the demographics in the organization and the experience with the association.
- Review of existing policies and practices
- Conducting engagement sessions to learn more about how the current practices are impacting members of the association
2. Develop and Deliver Report
- Pulling together the learnings from the information gathering audit, we will compile a report to summarize learnings and offer insights into how experiences are playing out for equity deserving groups in the organization. The report will provide recommendations for moving forward and areas to pay attention to as you look to action these areas.
What is Your Role in this work?
- Respond to the survey that will be sent to you in the next few weeks.
- Engage in the focus groups which will take place with a select group of members.
- Share your ideas about the DEI work should look like for AFP Ottawa!
Thank you in advance for your patience and support as we embark on this important work and the important conversations that will follow, which will help move us towards the best approaches for sector-wide change.
We look forward to building a better, stronger more inclusive and diverse AFP Ottawa Chapter and cultivating meaningful change with your support.